Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Upper Class by Hobson Brown, Taylor Materne, and Caroline Says

Rich? Poor? Doesnt matter; at Wellington high, it will either be the most beautiful time of your life.....or.....the loneliest. And it doesnt matter how much money you have; it will always be the most difficult. Which will it be for these two girls?

Laine Hunt has Wellington written all over her. Shes a cross between a Tommy Hilfiger girl - with the blonde - almost white - hair, and blue eyes. She owns the clothes; she comes from a place of money, and Wellington is the place for her.

Nikki Olivetti on the other hand is not Wellington material. She has a fabulous body, and she knows it. She has everything she could ever want. But when she gets to Wellington, she notices that she is not prepy at all...but comes off as a wore/stripper type of girl.

These two girls couldnt have less in common. Besides one fact. They both want to make it up to the Upper-Class; and they both need to survive the adventure of getting there. Its a world with no parents, and no limits. No one ever thinks that they could actually crash and burn...but someone always does.

I have to say that I hated this book. And to be completely honest, I didnt even finish it. This book had a lot of potential...the story line seemed okay, you know? But as said in the Review; instead of a person crashing and burning...I'm going to have to say that this book did. To get an idea of what it was like...it was kind of like Private by Kate Brain that went comepletely wrong and Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld mixed together.

I give it a 1/5...

Slightly mad that there are 3 of these books and suddenly craving muffins,

Rachel

8 Comments:

Teen Troves said...

I think the publisher sent us the first two books in this series. After your review I'm not so sure I want to even bother....

-Mollie

http://teentroves.com/blog

Rashmi said...

That bad, huh?

Btw, a HUGE Mother’s Day Book Giveaway is currently happening on my blog. Hope you’ll stop by.

http://abookbloggersdiary.blogspot.com/

Amee said...

I hate to say it but I love reading bad reviews! Lol, it's weird, I know. It's not that I like seeing someone bashed or anything, I just like knowing that not every book someone reviews is going to be the best thing ever...if that makes sense. :P

Axa said...

yeah I've heard this book wasn't all that. I don't know I'll probably read it one day....

Liviania said...

Bad reviews are fun to read.

The Upper Class didn't seem like the kind of book that appealed to me anyway.

Tasha said...

I ended up thinking that the book was actually okay. While it wasn't my favorite I liked it.

Anonymous said...

I've tagged you for the author meme. The details are on my blog. http://midnighttwilightsbookblog.blogspot.com

Kayla (Midnight Twilight)

Anna said...

you've been tagged for an author meme. view my blog for more details.

http://www.princess2293.blogspot.com

hope/.