Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

I read this book during the winter of 2007, and I still cant get it out of my head. This book was so refreshing and so well-written. I have to say, I really enjoyed this book =))

When Naomi, a high-school junior slams her head against the concrete infront of her school, she can't remember anything that happened since the sixth grade. She is shocked when she finds pills in her bed-side table, and when she learns for the first time (well...she thinks its the first time) that her parents have split up. While readers continue to read the book, turning each page with anticipation of what will happen next, they will learn that eventually, the memories will return. When this happens, Naomi is left wondering about the romance that is now involved in her life, and whether she wanted her amnesiac life back.

Gabrieele Zevin does a fantastic job at writing this book, and including all the elements YA readers enjoy: love, friendship, mystery, and memory loss (lol, I guess we technecally dont enjoy the last one..). This book is a fantastic read and is very refreshing comapred to all the other typical YA books out there. Gaurenteed that you will enjoy this book from the minute you pick it up =]



I rate this book with 5 lovely muffins:

3 Comments:

Kareeee said...

Hey! It's Mischief_Managed from BookDivas :).
I saw this book in a bookstore a few weeks ago. Was going to buy it, 'til I realised I was out of money ^_^. Totally forgot about it until now.

x

Anna said...

I can't wait to read this one! I have it sitting in my library stack... somewhere...

hope.

Rachel said...

You guys should read this book...I know you probably have a whole reading list and stuff, and it might take you a while to get to this book, but you should read it ASAP, its a really good book =D